Jared Campion is the co-founder of Dream Drive, a customized Camper Van rental company. Only a little over one-year old, Dream Drive is seeing its business expand exponentially despite the current situation. How did the original idea for Dream Drive come about and what were the many hurdles in Japan for a foreigner to start a customized rental van company in Japan. Despite extremely high capital investment for a niche Japanese market, Jared's dream for Dream Drive is coming true. Other topics we discuss:
- The reasons all Camper-Vans are customized "in-house"
- Difference and advantages of a Camper Van vs. traditional RV
- The biggest challenges starting his business
- How he defines his business as "Luxury Hotel on Wheels"
- What is a "Base Camp Network" and how this is the actual long-term goal of Dream Drive
- The interesting intinerary differences between domestic customers and inbound tourists
- We debate five new business ideas for Dream Drive presented by AH
- Why Japan is better than New Zealand for "Best done by Camper Van"
- How travel by Camper Van is actually cheaper than by train or plane in Japan
gugu Sleep Company: https://gugu.jp
Dream Drive Japan: https://www.dreamdrive.life